Imagining you is just one of those things we do.





Pictures of a face 
Descriptions of the day 
I don’t know what to say about that

Pictures 
Pictures of a face 
Descriptions the day 
He walked away 
It was raining 
And this pain in your heart never went 
You never said 
It would feel like this and that's why 
I want you to stay 
That’s not what I meant to say 
But I mean it 
I mean it 
Yeah right 
There’s your honesty 
Honestly, I’m feeling fine 
Intelligent design 
Line of eye-shadow tears and more wine 
I don’t mind if I do 
Do you like my new shoes 
Mums, dads and home truths

Like: what are we going to do about you?
You used to be such a happy child 
You dialled the number 
Didn’t speak 
How do new lovers meet 
Incredible feats 
Of bravery 
Wavering baby steps favouring 
Wild mood swings 
We were never not quite on the brink 
Not trying to not think 
Of missed connections 
Missing links 
Rose tints 
It’s just one of those things



Imagining you 
It’s just one of those things we do

Things things 
So many things 
So much to say 
Lonely strings 
Catch the bouquet 
Hey hey 
Here’s your soulmate 
Spinning plates 
One topples 
It’s too late 
It breaks 
Industrial estates 
And a canvas of cannibals of our entwined fates 
So let’s find a place 
To be complete 
Find names we repeat 
Find signs in the names of her street 
And when you sleep 
It’s still there 
Always there 
In a necklace of amber 
Take care 
Of your paint and your brushes 
You know the way she is 
The way she pushes 
A greater weight than a lifetime of crushes 
Playing back the day’s rushes 
Here’s the scene where you see him 
And you don’t know what to say 
And I don’t know what you say about that

Pictures of a face 
I don’t know what to say about that 
Descriptions of the day 
He walked away

I suppose 
Some boys 
Spend their whole life joking 
Reading lines like karaoke 
And opening wounds 
Tombs 
Visiting unspoken rooms 
In the Crowlands 
No romance 
No shall we dance 
Circumstance 
Limping men with beers cans 
Fortunes old hands 
Reading lines of love, life, good times and pretty bad plans 
Plots and parades 
Every day 
Every night 
The end was always in sight 
And when it ends 
It never ends 
It descends 
Into the centre of the earth 
Wish this curse 
Could be lifted 
Sometimes the world makes me feel like I never existed 
And I existed 
When she was laughing

Pictures of a face 
I don’t know what to say about that 
Fortunes old hands 
Overrunning the land with you 
When you were laughing 
When she was laughing

One Response so far.

Leave a Reply

¡Muchísimas gracias!

Datos personales